A Business blog is an incredible online marketing tool that saves you thousands of dollars but provides great business opportunities in just one click. Blogs are user-friendly, customized and flexible medium for disseminating useful information for effective positioning of your products in the market.
If you participate in blogging, you have a definite edge over your competitors. Here are some advantages:
1 Word-of-Mouth. In a survey, there are currently 14 million blogs with 80,000 more being added each day and about 30 percent of the 50 million users are blog readers. Imagine how much of a leg up your company will have, if your products are advertised on blogs. On the Internet, information spreads quickly especially if an impressive write-up goes with your product. Soon your blogs will be passed on to hundreds of possible customers.
2 Awareness and loyalty. Communication with your customers creates trust and loyalty. Being there to respond to their questions and comments makes them more willing to try your products and services.
3 Feedback. Blogs are good for product research and reviews. It would be easier to improve your products if you had access to a customers’ thinking and behavioural patterns. You can also take immediate action on your customers’ concerns.
4 Community halo-effect. Bloggers are more than willing to create a blogosphere of comments regarding your product. The only thing you have to do is embrace them and take an active part in the culture, and your product will surely be considered in their next stop into the market you represent.
For better marketing results, make sure you actively promote your business blogs by submitting your blogs to blog search sites and directories. Do not forget to also paste in your URL. Be sure that your blogs contain exclusive information with value, and that they are always updated to keep readers popping in to read your blog, so that they will move on to the next and click for updates.
A Blog is like a booth in the biggest trade show on earth everyday. Marketing possibilities are just around the corner waiting to make your sales increase.
The Really Simple Syndication (RSS) feeds are important in conjunction with your blogs to get the best benefits. Use proper keyword phrases to generate higher rankings in the search engines. In this way you will have a better chance of people finding your website and this will lead to your blog. More traffic means more sales.
If you are already convinced of the potential of business blogs for marketing and targeting sales increases, your are now ready to start blogging. But first, you have to be in tune with your business objectives and determine if blogging will really help you achieve your goal.
- There are blogs which are dedicated to teaching people the do’s and don’ts of blogging, READ them! Include in your reading blogs that are consumer-based too to give you a more complete perspective.
- Setup several test blogs right away.
- Study blog design. Blog hosting services provide pre-designed templates. But if you opt for paid blog service, you can ask your artist to design and layout your blog site to match the company’s identity and needs.
- Choose a topic. Its good to have a number of topics you want for your blogs but be sure they are in line with your business objectives. This would be a test of your flexibility since results may be going against the set objectives.
- Remember the following safety measures in blogging:
a) legal issues are sometimes involved in blogging; it is safer to include disclaimers and limitations of liabilities;
b) create blogging policies; set limits on what information is to be put out there.
c) avoid outright marketing on blog or you may chase away your readers;
d) keep content updated, relevant and fresh;
e) reinforce your core values;
- Start blogging: complete 20 posts before going to marketing.
- Begin marketing.
- Regularly monitor what your readers are saying. Then, measure your results.
- Adjust if needed. You can always play with your designs in the blog site as long as it matches the company’s identity.
- Strive to be consistent.
- Try to have unrelated topics with general and broad appeal.
- Schedule updates regularly.
Once you have done all these things, you can now ultimately enjoy the benefits of business blogging.